And now we’ve reached our Holiday foods portion of this program!
I held off through October, because I refuse to buy into the consumer evil that is Halloween candy in August and Christmas decorations in October, not to mention the marketing vomit that is Pumpkin Spice everything.
But it is November 3rd! Which means, if you are like me, you are approximately 72 hours deep into your Thanksgiving menu planning and I’m here to help.
I’m starting off small today, with the appetizer course. Or really, this could even be part of the “cocktail hour” if your family’s traditions skew fancy. Regardless, you’re going to want something tasty to prime your stomach for the culinary onslaught to follow, something with enough wow factor to amaze your guests, but still easy enough to prepare that you aren’t burned out from meal prep before you even get started.
All that’s required is 3 ingredients, some pre-school level wrapping skills, and a hot pan. We can do this, I know it!
With very minimal effort and about 5 minutes, you can have a whole tray of crispy, cheesy, herby bites to serve your friends and family. They are salty, gooey, and just substantial enough to keep the “When is the turkey done?” questions to a minimum.
Bring on the Holidays!
Fried Prosciutto-Wrapped Mozzarella and Sage
- 3 mozzarella sticks (like string cheese)
- 9 sage leaves
- 3 large pieces prosciutto
- extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- Wrap three sage leaves around each of the mozzarella sticks. Wrap sliced prosciutto around each stick.
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet and fry prosciutto-wrapped sticks until prosciutto is crispy and cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut into small, bite-sized pieces. Serve hot.